Saturday, October 17, 2009

HO hum!!

I think I'm at a good place right now. After debating with Aaron on him being gone for school I think I was spoiled last week with him being present. Even if he is sitting next to me working on school work, it's so much better than him being at school. We've been busy and slow this week but the mix seemed just right for the little time we have now before this baby comes.

Addy has been in swimming lessons since the beginning of September and I finally got some pictures of just her and Aaron. This turned out the best.

Addysen couldn't be more happy to not participate and just float around in the deep end with daddy. Her little suit is too small for her too which makes her look like such a big girl, but where do you get a suit in the middle of October??? I've been trying to make it to all of her lessons but sometimes I just need to stay home and have some time to myself, (which I'll comment on again.)

Addy has been quite the artist lately. She really enjoys drawing these "flower smiley faces" as she calls them. I think they are pretty neat and might just embroider one here pretty soon. I don't think I ever posted on it, but I have done that with her art work before. It's super easy and just a great way to showcase children's artwork... I'll have to do that now.

The picture above makes me laugh, only because we both did our hair and were not wearing sweats. We got ready to go grocery shopping... because we don't go anywhere!! That's all we did that night. We went shopping and came home. No dinner or seeing friends or anything remotely fancy. Just groceries. I love my husband!!
And here is the sweetie after she got some new chap stick!! I swear, give her some chap stick and she is good for at least an hour. I bring some to church every Sunday.

So here is a Christmas gift protocol that Addysen has already claimed. I am making most of our gifts anyways but I thought adding a little ornament wouldn't hurt either.

He's so cute, too!! I just mentioned that I stay home from Addy's lessons every once in a while and this is what I did this week. I know it's a silly little project but it came out cute enough. That night I also started - and finished this blanket.
I bought the fabric a few months ago with all intentions of making a blanket for baby out of it. I just didn't realize how much fabric I had. So, the blanket is for the girls, not just baby. Addy loves snuggling with it already, and I have to say, who doesn't want a blanket for the fall made out of flannel AND satin?? yum yum, I want one.


And my little scarf here, is made by crochet, not knitting. I've been doing my scarves by crocheting just because it is so much faster and I really wanted something for myself. I never make anything for myself so of course I didn't have any yarn specifically for me. This is all scrap yarn I had, hence the different lengths in colors. But it turned out just long enough, just the right colors mixed, just right. And I get to wear it!

And this was made for my lover! I haven't knit him a hat until this one, mostly because of intimidation, I have to admit. I wanted him to like it, not because I made it but because it turned out to be a wearable hat.

And he wears it.


*Other thoughts*
I am overdue, again!! I really don't mind this time around, as I tried really, really hard not to get my hopes up that this girl would show up anytime before yesterday. I've been having a ton of contractions though for the last month and I hope they are doing some work down there!! Sometimes they hurt, but for the most part they are very mild. Aaron gets a kick out of me chanting to my big uterus "keep coming!!"

The sun finally came out yesterday. It was so good to see it!! I was able to get out an go thrifting with my mom, but actually didn't buy a thing. I guess I've been in a more frugal mood lately.

Addysen has been painting like a mad woman lately!! Everytime she does, she shells out at least 6 or 7 paintings. I love them and save them all.

Thanks for reading!
God BLESS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment