Friday, August 27, 2010

Aunty Em, Aunty Em!!!

Wow! So much life has happened since I last visited this space! I am another year older as of Wednesday and am living in an entirely different state. We are in Kansas. Our closest family is 4 hours away instead of 4 minutes away and we are now landlords.

Aaron is officially a PhD student. He started school on Monday and absolutely loves it. I love watching him be so compassionate about his vocation. I think everyone should love what they do and if they don't, then do something about it.

So, the entire time Aaron and I have been together we've had a plan. More like a rough draft. Aaron would keep going to school to become Dr. Davis to teach history at the highest level possible, college. I would stay home with Addy, (then Elli came along, so her too,) and finish my schooling whenever I could or was ready to. Last fall Aaron applied for numerous graduate schools and was accepted to one. That was 8 hours away. These last couple of months we were going back and forth on if we should go or if should we stay home. Then Addy was diagnosed and I was sure that was a sign that we needed to stay... But ultimately, we decided to go, because we could always go home if we need to, you know? And I think it was time to try it by ourselves. We've always had family so close... Taking this huge leap would not always be there...

So we jumped!

We are going from about 22,000 people to 120,000 people in our new city. Our new house has almost double the room(which, in todays standards isn't very much at all) but about 1,400 square feet!! Huge to me! I have a porch now, that I plan on blogging from in the mornings, with my coffee on one side and my babies playing at my feet on the other. This house is so old! I love love love it. The sidewalk is brick and so are many of the streets in my neighborhood. We live next to a retired deputy sheriff whom has had his church send us a meal. We are four blocks away from a botanical garden. Another neighbor has apple trees and a pear tree. Geographically, we are only about 2.5 hours south of where we were, but boy is it hot here!

Aaron has yet to start work, which will be the ultimate test. It will be good. There are so many places to see and things to do here! I plan on taking the girls to a pow wow next week!

It's so good to be back in this space. We did not have internet for the last few weeks and I've gotten so much done since then! Oh, I got to sew! I got my sewing machine out and it was like love at first sight again!! Let me tell you. I love crafting of all kind, but sewing is my number one love... so yeah, a little piece of domestic heaven!

I hope you all are well! I will get pictures up soon, apparently my computer's memory is way low and I'm unable to upload any at the moment... :)

5 comments:

  1. natalie i am SO proud and happy of the person u have become..i know i told u that b4 but it is just wonderful!!! i know u guys will do good in kansas....i look for ur posts all the time and love to read them!!! take care...love and miss u!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like your new home! It sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie darling I love this so much! You are so talented and I am so very proud of you! Thank you for sharing this... I was able to picture your world so vividly.. I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many exciting changes! I'm glad that you're happy in your new place. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the success of moving w a family! No small feat! :) I felt like I was there w you in your great old place (we love old places, too) w coffee & kids. :) I hope all continues to go well. You'll be in our thoughts & prayers during this time of transition. Peace.

    ReplyDelete