Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh, hey there! Thank you!!

Has it really been almost two months since I last posted? Wow! So much life has happened in these few months. After Aaron's episode we ended up selling a bunch of our stuff with plans to move closer to school. Then we bought an RV, and remodeled the entire thing. Then we found out that not only could Aaron not work anymore, he could not transfer work either. Then we set out job hunting. By that point, Aaron had been out of work for over a month and we were starting to worry a little bit. Every day, he was applying to countless jobs, hearing nothing back! He then had a few interviews, some phone calls, then he got a call back! This was about a month ago, so almost two months after the seizures. After that call back, he had another, then a job offer!  Although this new job is not in the town we were originally going to move to, he took it! And we decided that we are now NOT going to move!

So, after all of that, we have one RV to sell, and a few book cases and a couch to buy :)  Right after the Aaron quit working, we sold one of our two cars and that worked for a while. But now that he will be working anywhere from 40-60 hours a week over the summer, we knew it was time for another vehicle. So, we took care of that last week and I am happy to report that I will be taking the girls on a little trip back to Illinois in June. (I have been missing my family for a while now! I'm very excited to get to see everyone!)

Other than what I mentioned above, not much has changed. I had mentally let go of the house already, so coming to terms with the fact that we will be staying in it has been a little hard.   I did sell both of the girls' dressers but I also downsized a lot of their clothes. I'm hoping that one dresser will suffice for both of their clothes when I find one.

These last few months have been completely crazy, but also have been wonderful to have Aaron home more. The girls love playing with him, (more than me, I think,) and have really been in daddy heaven. We've had a lot of fun as a family, just hanging out at home, in the RV, and outside.  Aaron even started running regularly. The little shift has been a blessing and I know he needed to be off of work for some bigger reason than I can think of.

Over the last weekend, A and Aaron both had birthdays! We went to Worlds of Fun yesterday, but I forgot to bring my camera. Aaron's dad came to celebrate with us and we had a great time! It was so cute to see A and E go on rides together. They even did mini bumper cars and I thought, wow, only about 11 more years and they will be off driving together for real! Agh!

There will be some exciting stuff coming this summer, like gardening, chickens, (yes!) and another big one that I can't tell just yet!  I just wanted to post to say thank you to all of my supportive family and friends over these last intense few months.  You all have kept us sane and we know that we are loved very much!!

A on Easter riding a camel named Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for all of you Natalie, it sounds as if everything has come together EXACTLY the way it was intended. I'm sure you can't wait to arrive back home in June, I'm so happy for you sweety! Keep up the good work, when you put your heart and soul into everything you do it shows, and in MANY MANY WAYS!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete