Monday, August 6, 2012

His fanciness continues:

A few weeks ago, I pinned this link on how to repurpose old T-shirts into newborn gowns. After making one, I was hooked, which seems to be a reoccurring thing these days. Both of the girls lived in gowns for months after they were born and I really wanted to stock up for baby J before he comes. After a long afternoon of sewing, I had six made! Just the perfect number of these little gowns to add to his fancy wardrobe :)  

 Three of these gowns were made out of my old concert T-shirts and the other three were made out of my dads old T-shirts! I just love that he will get to wear something that I remember my dad wearing years ago. 
 These two below might be my favorites from the bunch. The pattern was very straight forward and easy to follow. I also LOVE the fact that I did not spend any money on these. I had everything including the elastic for the bottoms already here. Now they will sit for another 4 months and wait to be worn. 
Oh and one more thing, if you are going to make these, make sure to get a package of Jersey needles for your machine!!!  I've been sewing with jersey for a while, but man, if you don't have one of those needles, there will mostly likely be a ton of cursing :) You have been warned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment