Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Macbook Covers!

About a month ago I came across this pin, showing how to cover a macbook with contact paper. I was hooked! For only $2, I could cover our computers with contact paper that would not only look pretty nice, but protect them as well. I mean, hello! We have two littles that are a bit destructive and our macs were definitely showing some wear on them. 
The next time I made it to the dollar store, I grabbed two rolls of contact paper, one in the wood grain and another in a green floral print.  I somewhat followed the directions linked above, but ended up cutting out the apple and the mousepad afterwards. I used an exacto knife and just followed the lines that I could faintly see to do so. It worked great and there wasn't a whole lot of lining up.  I have so much contact paper left, so if this stuff starts peeling off or one of the girls pick any off, I can just redo it if I need to. Talk about a thrifty project! The stickers online for macbooks started around $30. Um, no thank you! 
So far, it's been about two weeks since I did them and they are holding up really well. I don't have any corners peeling up or anything. Have a look: 







No comments:

Post a Comment