Thursday, May 6, 2010

prom 2010

 


This dress was almost the death of me! No, not really, but it sure felt like it at times. I can now say that I've made a prom dress - apart from attaching the skirt and finishing the trim, but I have done those a million times. Luckily, my aunt is an amazing seamstress and finished it the day before prom, since we were in the hospital that day. But, onto the dress.

 

This is my sister, Jenny. She wanted a sweetheart cut, not too poofy and one that no one had. She got her wish! I can't find the pattern on line and have a baby on my lap or else would share. Just know that the pattern was a McCall's from walmart for 20 bucks and I think all together they spent $80 on fabric from JoAnne's.
I say, not bad for a prom dress. Of course if I were to pick the fabric out I could have found some for wayyyy cheaper but that wasn't the case.

I also did her hair, at the hospital. I assume she had a good time... even though I haven't seen her since then. She's got a nasty cold... Oh prom. I'm so glad there are only two years of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment