Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer will officially start on Sunday! We have already started doing some of the summery things though here in the last week. Last Wednesday Aaron, Addy and I went to the band shelter and listened to the summer syphony. We ate popcorn and apple pie a la mode while we listened. What a good night. Addysen listened so intently and was fascinated by the drums! We also ran into my old grade school band teacher and her family. I hadn't seen her in over ten years so that was super neat to both sit there with our familias!
On Sunday I made (for the first time), peach cobbler from scratch. This will be a summer tradition now because a) it was soooo yummy! and b) I'm pregnant so I will be making this a lot now! We topped it with ice cream and ate on the porch. It was a perfect night!
I love food! haha! what preggars doesn't! So, it has been really hard to keep my weight gain at bay this time around. Walking is definately helping a lot though. Addy and I have been going on walks ever night before bed, and sometimes Aaron goes too. We have found that there are a ton of mulberry trees on the canal so we have taken to forraging through them. Talk about fun with a two year old! I love it so much! I wish they lasted all summer! But back to my original reason of bringing up the weight issue - Friday, at our midwife appointment I had only gained two pounds in four weeks!! But I really have popped over the last month and come to find out, my uterus gained a wopping 7 cm!! which measured me at 27 weeks, not 22! I couldn't believe it! well I could though, I've really felt it stretching this time around. It also seems that since we are going the more holistic route this time around I've been much more in tune with my body and self, than I was with Addysen's pregnancy. All in all though, I am enjoying myself. I love being pregnant. I just need to let go of that fear of after pregnancy...
I am typing on Aaron's computer so I do not have many new pics on here... so here is an oldy but goody! Addy was about 6 months here and just a sweet heart at her first time to the pumpkin patch! (fyi: where we also were married...) I LOVE fall! so this last week the IL weather has been very fall like. mid 60's when we wake up with the windows upon and we still have not had to bring the AC up from the basement. Supprising huh! But I love love love fall! So much so that I keep fall candles out all year and light them while I sew and am in the basement. I am super excited to be having this baby in the fall also... Hopefully by Halloween!! Who knows... Well, here I am last Friday at 22 weeks exactly: Yes, Bump indeed!! Addy has been sitting on her balls lately and it cracks me up! I bought an exercise ball to use throughout this pregnancy for exercise and just plain relief so I sit on it all the time. Well, Addy is now sitting on her own 'birthing ball' and I have got to get a picture of it. It's too cute. She rocks back and forth and says she's like momma! She has also learned where God is. I ask her where and she says "In me/my heart!" Oh how I love hearing that! and She reminds us now to say grace when we are at the table!too cute. I can't help but feel that I'm raising a strong, christian girl, (with Gods help of course), in this day in age!
Well, Aaron should be home soon with Dairy Queen! I swear he eats more like a pregnant woman than I do! heheh sorry Aaron, but I'm not complaining!
God Bless!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog Natalie. Now the writing is coming in great, hmm.. maybe my dumb computer.

    I love the idea of you having a home birth - I'm so excited to see how you like it. =) It's so true how in tune you can be with your body - I got really big too all of a sudden. =)

    I wanted to write more but Amelia is crying. later!

    ReplyDelete