Thursday, November 3, 2011

Faux "Cheez" Sauce

That's right, it's so good that it deserves three pictures!!

Two nights ago, I was craving comfort food. Specifically, Kraft mac n cheese. But, I wasn't even going to go there. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't since Aaron was at school and my car hasn't been so reliable lately. So, I decided to find a vegan recipe for the old mac n cheese. I had everything this recipe called for so I decided to give it a go. Here is the recipe!!

So, it's awesome. So. AWESOME. So awesome that I've had this sauce over grains for three days straight. I used sweet white miso and dried onion flakes instead of onion powder. That was about it for the alterations in the recipe, (that and the fact that I only have a tiny food processor, so, I made smaller batches without really measuring. It turned out so yummy though!)

The sauce was made to put over macaroni noodles but the first night I used some DeBoles Gluten Free Rice Pasta. Not that we are going gluten free around here, but sometimes, pasta makes me feel so bloated and I wanted something a little bit lighter. Then, yesterday, I had the sauce over brown rice and steamed broccoli. The way I steamed the broccoli was awesome, too! During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, I threw the broccoli on top and put the lid back on, which steamed my broccoli! I think the sauce would taste great over potatoes, drizzled in wraps, and bread, too. Maybe even a big pot of cheezy soup!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I hadn't thought about using the sauce on rice--next time I'll give that a try. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete