Monday, January 16, 2012

January Cowl

Last week, Aaron, the girls, and I all headed to Manhattan so he could get some books from the library for the upcoming semester that starts tomorrow! It really was a lovely day, with the temperature floating around the 50's and not a cloud in the sky. We started the day out by eating lunch in Aggieville. Then we walked around for a bit and headed to the school. Aaron showed me his building and "office" that he shares with the other grad students. It was interesting, to say the least. But we were on kid time, and had to get to the library. So, we went over to the library and the girls and I did yoga in one of their meditation rooms while the Mr. looked. After he found what he needed we went to a few thrift stores and then I found Wildflower Yarns and Knitwear, the LYS!! I was so excited, I didn't even know Manhattan had one. And it was open! Double score. So, my awesome husband took the littles for chocolates while I got a few minutes by myself to look around. I ended up with two skeins of rainbow Chunky Mochi and drooled over it the whole way home.
The yarn wanted to be a cowl, or I really wanted the yarn to be a cowl. So, after 3 attempts, both knitting and crocheting, I finally came up with this little guy. It's just a seed stitched panel, then twisted once before seamed up.
It is so comfy, that mochi yarn. It's my favorite cowl I've made so far, something about how soft the yarn is, with how bright those colors are. Love.
Ravelry notes are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment