Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Making while he is gone...

I've been on another making tear... Aaron left yesterday for El Paso, to visit his mom so Addy and I have been trying to keep busy. This blanket was made on Saturday:

I am currently wrapped in it right now and it is quickly becoming a favorite. I'm so glad this JULY weather is blanket weather. (Seriously, I cannot wait for the fall. I love love love fall weather!) and the past 2 days have been fall weather. I'm in heaven!
Before Aaron left yesterday we had muffins! And then went to buy these at a candle loft here in town:

I have this shelf that has three hooks with nothing hanging from them and somehow it came out yesterday at breakfast that I wanted coffee candles for it. So that is what I got! Coffee candles; (Candles with coffee beans all ove them.) I don't know if I will ever have the heart to actually burn them but they look cool.
After Aaron left yesterday, I started in on a new prayer shawl. I haven't knitted in over a year and felt the bug in me, so, that is started. Hopefully it will be finished by this FALL!!
Then Addy and I went thrifting and found these:

The first is a darling, little snail jar that I put coffee in. It will be used for sugar as soon as the ants stop making their home in my kitchen!! And I was super excited to find that valance for $.75! (If I didn't make what is in my home, I am a sucker for the primitive/county stuff...) And why did I only take a picture of half of it? because you only see half of the window in the bathroom... The wall with the plumbing for the shower is about 6 inches in front of the window, creating this awful nook that nothing fits into... weird, I know.

After that was put up, I went downstairs to my little sewing corner and had my eye on this fabric I got for Addysen last week. I ended up with this head wrap/scarf thingy:

It fits my big head and it's reversible. Now I have to make something out of that for Addy like I intended... I just don't know what.
By this time at night it was already after ten. I wanted to stay up though, to make sure Aaron got in from his flight okay and needed something else to do. So I brought up my scraps and out came this mushroom/toad stool:

It's a little over a foot long, so almost my entire scrap box was used to fill it. But it did come out adorable and Addy loves to sit on it! and throw it in the air and let it hit her head.
This morning I went through one of the sewing books I found at the thrift store (from 1986) and wanted to make Addy something else. So out came this owl:

His name is Hootie and he is rather creepy! Addy loves him. That is her little arm next to him, sleeping. (I had to sneak into her room while she napped to take that pic.) He is a lot smaller that what the pattern was, and I kind of just looked off of it. I had that fabric for about 2 years, it's corduroy, and I guess I was saving to make something special... And he has button eyes! Big ones!
Blah- that is a lot of making... Speaking of making though, here is something else I've been making for the past 6 months:

I have lost my feet!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment