Going along with my attempt to become a bit more frugal, I've decided to put Elliot back into cloth diapers. Back on April 29th, 2010, when my sweet Addy was diagnosed with diabetes, I had to make the decision to put Elli in disposables. It wasn't that cloth diapers were hard to do. No, that wasn't the case at all! I do not want to scare any one into thinking they are to hard. I stopped cloth diapering because I needed to focus more time on Addy and getting her well again. Cloth diapering does take more time and a little bit of thought and along with learning about blood glucose monitoring, humalog, lantus, glucagons, a1c's & insulin dependance, I just could not do it all.
So, we started again last Friday. I also got down to sewing business then, too. I remembered Jean's post showcasing her new soaker stash. She used this pattern and I love it! So far, only 4 dollars have been spent on a thrifted wool sweater that's next in line to be upcycled. Luckily, I had saved all of my prefolds, about 2 dozen. I also have 2 of these, which I love.
So, there you go. My little stash of cloth diapers. Cloth wipes are up next. I'm going to be going through our closets and find more sweaters to use.
Side note: Today we are starting Addy's insulin pump! After a cancellation last week we are finally getting this girl on a pump!