Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pump, pump, pump

First, I would just like to say that Addy has not had a shot in almost 48 hours!!! How awesome is that? I new when she started her pump it was going to be awesome but man! She is a whole nother girl. There have been considerably less meltdowns due to her blood sugars being stabilized. She's been in target for more than 90% of her sugars! She keeps telling me that she just feels so much better, due partly to her blood sugars and (maybe even more so) she's not so stressed about having 5 shots a day. I'm just so happy for my sweet Addysen. Granted, it's only been two days, we are checking her more as well. Thankfully, Addy's never had a problem with blood sugar checks. She keeps telling me that she's "just so happy she has a pump!"



The first picture was one I had to show you all. This is her site and we'll be changing sides of her bottom every 2-3 days. The little circle that has a big clear sticker on it is where the insulin is being pumped into her body. Under the disk is a very small needle that stays under the skin all the time. The tub then connects to a reseviour that holds about 3 days worth of insulin. The pump then is programed to give set amounts every hour of the day and we can also give a bolus for meals.


Her little bracelet says, "I have type one diabetes."


And Miss Ruby, the diabetic teddy bear, whom Addy loves so much and whom also has a site on her bottom.

1 comment:

  1. I love that she has a pump! I'm so glad it will make her life better and yours easier Nat. I love you guys so much and miss you. The Davis girls are tough!

    ReplyDelete